Monday, April 7, 2008

Hospital Tour

Saturday we went on a tour of Women's Hospital. We can't believe that Olivia will be here in about 3 weeks!!

The labor and delivery rooms are roomy and are very similar to the room I will stay in after delivery. Once Olivia arrives she will go to the nursery where they will clean her up. Will can accompany her to the nursery, typically the babies will stay in the Nursery for about an hour to an hour and a half :) They have windows into the nursery so family and friends can see the new arrivals.

I am now 37 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I have been very lucky during my pregnancy and have felt very good. Recently, I have started having trouble sleeping due to a very bad stiff neck. I have tried a million different pillows, my side of the bed has all the pillows in the house on the floor! Overall, I think I have been very lucky that I have felt so good throughout the pregnancy. I am trying to keep this in mind as my neck aches and feet start to swell!!

As I type, Olivia is squirming up a storm. The nurse said an active baby is a healthy baby :) We can't wait to meet her!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrea and Will,
How come your having neck trouble? Do you have a corn bag you could heat in the microwave to put on your neck. It's good that you had a tour of the hospital. Is will going to faint when Olivia is born? Only kidding Will. Uncle Doug was there for the whole birth and he did good. Good luck I will be praying for all of you.
Love,
Aunt Ann