Wednesday, February 4, 2009

No Tripey because Baby Sickey




Our trip home to NY has been cancelled :(


Poor Olivia is still sick. We went to the doctor today and she has double ear infections and she has congestion in her chest. I knew she was congested but I was surprised about the ear infections. She hasn't been pulling at ears or giving them any extra attention. I think she must be a tough little girl. She did wake up twice last night and that was probably because of her ears. She has an ill stomach too which has resulted in some nasty episodes after her bottle (I think you get my drift here without to much detail). Her last bottle was fine which is good because we don't want her to get dehydrated.
We will try and reschedule the trip for another time. She will be back to her old self in no time and then we can post some new pictures :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The salesman I work with, his daughter, who just turned 1 on Jan 17, had the same thing a week or two ago. She had to take the infamous "pink stuff".

Keep that pedialite (or whatever they call it) handy!

Rest up to all!

Love Aunt Rita

Andrea said...

Yup, we have the pedialyte. Daddy picked it up the other day. She wasn't really interested in drinking anything including the pedialyte. Dr. said it was probably b/c her throat was sore. She ate some yogurt last night so that was good.

She is on the mend...

Anonymous said...

Poor baby. I know you can sympathize with Olivia on those ear infections too Andrea. You must remember some of the misery of those times! Anyway, it's way too cold to travel here right now. Hope you can reschedule.
Love, Aunt Kathy

Anonymous said...

I am happy to hear she is on the mend.

Did you try making freeze pop of the pedialyte? Or heck just a regular freeze pop on a throat is soothing.

Kisses to sweet Olivia....

Love Aunt Rita

Andrea said...

Our pediatrician is from Batavia, NY and went to UB for Med School. She also said it was to cold to go to Buffalo and to wait till it was warmer :)