When this girl is unhappy...she is REALLY unhappy! Our day started out well with a happy baby. It was fairly cool out this morning so went for a nice long walk. Olivia was happy as a clam during our walk. We got home and she had her second breakfast and the crying started. She was not a happy camper and cried from 10:30 to 12:30. I tried to calm her and just when she would calm down...the crying would start up again. While Will was holding her, he discovered a sore spot on her neck. I think it is a combination of heat rash and irritation from the constant stream of drool and spit up. It is right in one of the folds on her chubby little neck. I washed it well in her tub (she was happy in the tub) and put some Neosporin on the spot. Hopefully this will help it heal quickly.
She finally settled down after her 12:30 bottle. Poor thing was just so unhappy this morning. She took a good afternoon nap so I am hoping for a happier gal this afternoon.
Wish us luck :)
2 comments:
Oh Poor baby....she did her best to communicate to you though, but I bet the crying is trying and even loud (do the dogs take cover then?) Might it even be a bug bite?
Aunt Kathy learned, from her doctor, to put Bacitracin (zinc ointment) on black fly bites, rather than Neosporin. The ointmens are similar but diffrent.
I have put the Bacitracin on mosquito bites AND, get this, even on those "under ground" pimples that hurt so! You put this ointment on them and the pimple goes away with minimal pain!
There is your helpful hint for the week and I hope baby Olivia feels better in the morning.
Love Aunt Rita
Hi Andrea,
It makes it so hard when you do everything to stop them from crying. It makes you feel like crying yourself. I had that happen to Linda once after she had gotten her shots at 8 weeks. She had a reaction from her shots and she wouldn't stop crying. Hope she did better for you the rest of the day.
take care
Love,
Aunt Ann
Post a Comment